Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Dunbar

We got to explore Glasgow for bit after we got off the plane. I enjoyed my first coffee in Scotland at a cute little coffee shop in Glasgow. When we got to Edinburgh I was surprised by how our hotel looked. I loved the architecture inside and out. My room was massive with tall ceilings and windows. It was an old building converted into a hotel. We enjoyed a nice dinner before calling it a night. 


Next, we toured the Royal Mile. I was interested to hear about all the history about the Royal Mile. I loved the Edinburgh Castle, my favorite part being the prisons. I was surprised to see they slept in hammocks and used to create their own replica currency to bribe guards and use once they got out! The Holyrood Palace at the bottom was also very pretty. I hiked up Calton hill and got a perfect view of old and new town. I was very windy up there but we got some great pictures. 


On our last day, I traveled by train to Dunbar. Dunbar is a coastal down outside of Edinburgh. This town was beautiful and was worth the adventure. I loved seeing the water and all the old houses in the town. We learned about a man named John Muir who was from Dunbar but moved to Wisconsin when he was a little boy. He was a huge conservationist and played a major part in creating our national parks. After we returned back to Edinburgh we walked around old town and did some shopping before we went on a ghost tour. While waiting we walked by the Scott Monument and stopped to listen to a few street musicians. The ghost tour was interesting we learned about the medical school and how people were turning death into a business. It was cool to see the Royal Mile in a different light. We also got to travel underground into a tunnel that was once a street in old town. Overall, I loved Scotland and can’t wait to come back in the future. My favorite part was the old architecture everywhere you looked. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Day 2

Dublin